KEEPING YOUR CONTENT
CURRENT, RELEVANT, APPLICABLE, AND CONNECTED
1. STAY CURRENT IN THE FIELD
2. ADD CURRENT ISSUES TO YOUR LECTURES
3. ADD CURRENT ISSUES TO STUDENT ASSIGNMENTS/EXAMINATIONS
- Develop project-based learning assignments that involve students in current issues in the field.
- Require students to view/evaluate/develop counter-arguments for their classmates' work.
- Emphasize 21st century themes of global awareness; environmental, civic, and health literacy; and financial, economic, business and entrepreneurial literacy
- Require collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Require use of 21st century digital tools and multimedia in student products and performances.
IDEAS FOR CURRENT ISSUES
- CNN World
- 10 Biggest Problems in the World According to the EU (BusinessInsider)
- Global Issues (non-affiliated)
- WHO Diseases
- 10 Top Global Health Issues (intraHealth)
- Environmental Problems (non-affiliated)
- The Tree of Life Gets a Makeover